New Junior owner

New members: send an e-mail requesting access to:
Neue Benutzer: bitte eine e-mail mit Zugangsanfrage senden an:

208c (at) boelkow-junior.de
Dave_Allen

New Junior owner

Post by Dave_Allen » 08 Dec 2015 18:01

Hi, I am now the proud owner of a Bolkow 208 Junior G-ASZD based in Yorkshire UK and would welcome any news or advice. I have been unable to get airborne since purchasing it but hope to fix that as soon as the weather settles.
I would be interested if anyone out there could explain the difference between a "C" model and my "A2" model, it was originally registered as D-ENKI and I would like to find out more of its past history.
Regards
Dave

Jeff-G-ATUI

Re: New Junior owner

Post by Jeff-G-ATUI » 09 Dec 2015 14:50

Hi Dave

Given that you're based in Yorkshire, I can tell you that Fox Aviation based at Bagby used to look after my Bolkow, and they have all the certification required to work o these aircraft. However, as I am based in the midlands my aircraft is currently with Jetstream Executive, at Halpenny Green, Wolverhampton, for it's annual ARC. Jetstream Executive are doing a fantastic job, and I cannot praise then highly enough. The previous owner of my aircraft is based at Croft, near Darlington, and I'm sure he would be able to help you in becoming confident in your new aircraft. I do not consider myself qualified to give any advice in this respect, as i only have 11 hours in the 208 myself.

Dave_Allen

Post by Dave_Allen » 23 Dec 2015 00:55

Thanks Jeff for the reply, as soon as we are into the new year I will start to make more serious investigations.
Dave

Jeff-G-ATUI

Post by Jeff-G-ATUI » 30 Dec 2015 12:33

Hi Dave

If you fancy a look around my 208C, to compare the two types, my aircraft is based at Halpenny Green Airfield, Near Wolverhampton. Unfortunately, I fear the weather will need to improve before we would dare risk any cross-country flights!

Kind regards
Jeff

Dave_Allen

Post by Dave_Allen » 17 Jan 2016 14:39

Jeff, thanks for the reply. oddly enough one of my planned x-country trips will be to Halfpenny but just like you I am waiting for an improvement in the weather.
When that happens I will contact you in advance if that is OK.
Dave

Jeff-G-ATUI

Post by Jeff-G-ATUI » 21 Jan 2016 20:56

Hi Dave.

That will be fine. I'm self employed, so fairly flexible on taking any days off for flying. Halfpenny Green has three good runways, so you'll be fairly sure of having a landing into wind.

All the best.
Jeff